tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.4
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2010 20:32:44 GMT
> From: Sylvain Laurent [mailto:sylvain.laurent@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Sylvain Laurent
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.4

> When requesting the root of the context, tomcat 7 dispatches to
> MyDummyServlet whereas jetty and glassfish use MyDefaultServlet.
> On this one I'd say tomcat is right...

Also agreed.  Tomcat is correctly following the second set of matching operations as specified
in 10.10:

"If no match is found [static check], the Web server MUST again append each welcome file in
the order specified in the deployment descriptor to the partial request and check if a servlet
is mapped to that request URI."

Jetty and GlassFish seem to be ignoring that part.

 - Chuck