tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [taglibs] Pick common format for test class names
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2010 16:56:13 GMT
On Oct 10, 2010, at 7:01 AM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:

> 2010/10/8 Jeremy Boynes <jboynes@apache.org>:
>> We have different formats for test class names and need to specifically list them
in the pom.xml file.

>> i'd like to propose picking a standard format and using a single wildcarded pattern
to select them. The defaults for the surefire plugin are:
>>        **/Test*.java
>>        **/*Test.java
>>        **/*TestCase.java
>>

> Tomcat trunk already uses Test* for tests,
> and *Test for abstract base classes, like e.g. CookiesBaseTest.java  here:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/test/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/

I prefer Test* as well but don't want to fight Maven. Going with Test* means maintaining include
or exclude lists which is an extra step that can lead to error. We already had an issue with
some tests not being run because the includes were not set up right.

Based on the other replies I'd renamed all tests in impl to match **/*Test.java to give consistency;
we can always change it again.