tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jasper & Servlet 3.0
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2010 11:12:15 GMT
On 02/10/2010 09:38, Pid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Idea: instead of outputting XML as well, for Servlet 3.0 webapps, Jasper
> could just annotate the generated classes.
>
> Thoughts?

Are you talking about pre-compilation?

Generally, -0 since I loath using annotations for configuration. When
fault finding, if the web.xml doesn't show the complete picture you have
to search though the entire source code (if you have access to it) to
figure out what is going on.

I have only been bitten by this once so far - and in a simple case - but
it was a PITA and took me a little while to figure out what on earth was
going on. Yes Tomcat can providing logging to help, but I still prefer
just to use web.xml.

Mark