tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] Difficulty creating working patch - renamed file.
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 17:11:33 GMT
On 28/09/2010 17:36, David Jencks wrote:

> From what I hear the best advice is "use git, not svn".  However that's usually difficult
at apache.

There are git mirrors for trunk and 6.0.x/trunk but that does rely on a
Tomcat committer also using git. Anyone?

I had high hopes for git, particularly around working on multiple issues
at the same time and 'off-line' commits for an incremental approach to
larger changes but having experienced / been forced to use git at work I
have to say I won't be switching anytime soon. The benefit of the extra
features I would use doesn't yet outweigh the costs of switching.

> What I try to do in this situation is to supply a script with the svn mv commands along
with the patch from svn diff

+1.

Mark