tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NamingContext Possible Bug
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 16:18:26 GMT
On 22/09/2010 23:48, David Jencks wrote:
> For reference, the EE 6 platform spec explains that usually a new instance should be
returned on each lookup in section 5.2.4 page 67 "Sharing of Environment Entries".  The servlet
3.0 spec section 15.2.2 page 174 indicates that this applies to servlet containers that are
part of an EE technology-compliant implementation.  I guess this means that unless tomcat
implements web profile they don't have to support this?

I have always worked on the basis that the broader EE spec does apply to
Tomcat so we should be supporting this.

> On Sep 22, 2010, at 10:36 PM, Gurkan Erdogdu wrote:
>
>> If this is a bug, I will open an issue.

Please do.

Mark