tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: Writing unit tests
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:57:56 GMT
Mark,

On 9/20/2010 4:52 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> That'll probably be better in 7.0.x. I do wonder what init code you
> might need. I was expecting a simple boolean attribute. Once that is
> sorted, we can figure out how to port it to 6.0.x

Since I was thinking of allowing any set of HTTP methods, I need to
initialize a HashSet of method names that are allowed. The default is
the default string for calling the attribute mutator (so, just "POST")
and the default needs to be applied at some point to generate the
HashSet I'm inspecting at request time.

I just noticed that TC 7 doesn't have an init() method :) I'll figure it
out there and, as you say, we'll figure a way to back-port.

>> 2. Coding conventions seem to be applied ... inconsistently. Is there a
>> code style guide that I can actually follow so my code "looks right", or
>> should I just look at what's already there in the files I'm modifying
>> and take my best guess at what's appropriate?
>
> Yep. Go with the current style of the file.

Gotcha.

Thanks again,
-chris