tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: Links to Sun/Oracle on welcome page
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:28:13 GMT
2010/8/26 Pid <>:
> On 26/08/2010 15:18, Tim Funk wrote:
>> In that case ... +1 for removing links to
>> and
>> (or any page)
> Clearly +many for that then.
> And for clarity, what about to

My thoughts are:

1. I do not mind advertising

2. Unfortunately pages are hard to understand for a newcomer.
It is actually not our problem, but the problem of the JSR website.

E.g., in this case for the Servlet spec two pages are important

[1] provides download of the spec, but the problem is that
- There is no description,
- It is hard to navigate further. I do not see there any direct link
to [2]. Maybe someone has better eyes?

[2] provides the description, but
- It is the same page for the whole lifetime of a JSR.  You have to
know what to download: a "Final Release", or some "Maintenance
Release"   (JSP 2.2 is actually MR of JSR 245).

So I think that while a link to [1] should be enough, it might be
better to mention both [1] and [2].

3. It came to my mind, that not only those two specs might be
important, but also some others, like the ones mentioned here:

Maybe create a Wiki page to list the relevant specification links? (I
don't have time now, but maybe later).

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail: