tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Links to Sun/Oracle on welcome page
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:55:37 GMT
On 25/08/2010 10:14, Mladen Turk wrote:
> On 08/25/2010 10:53 AM, Rainer Jung wrote:
>>
>> What about linking to the Specs? Like
>>
>> http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr315/index.html
>>

> Still, is it so important that this should be listed on
> the front page. We already have those links
> (should be updated for Tomcat7 BTW) in our documentation,
> so having that on the front page makes no sense to me.
>
> I'd rather have them completely removed.

Minor changes:

 http://people.apache.org/~pidster/tomcat/ROOT/

The intention is/was to promote user education, via reading of the
spec(s), I felt that this was a Good Thing.

I'm out of ideas for other stuff to put in the dev quick start, so I'll
probably drop the extra column unless there's other ideas?

Can I also draw some attention to the 1.2.3 list at the top, as it's a
little haphazard at present and I'd like some input as to what people
think is the most important 3 things a user should do after installation.