tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Using Globs in jarsToSkip
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 16:53:23 GMT
I hacked some code to use globs in jarsToSkip (new configuration entry
in catalina.properties).

It was motivated by having version numbers (for the ecj jar) in the
default, so whenever we upgrade sers have to upgrade their instance
configuration.

Furthermore most of the default entries for commons jar files are
useless, because many of those nowadays are deployed with version
numbers in the jar file names.

I copied much of the code from the ant SelectorUtils class and removed
unneeded code. Some short testing indicates it works.

If there is some interest, I can commit to trunk. Just checking, because
Mark is in the process of tagging 7.0.2.

The new class org.apache.tomcat.util.file.Matcher could also be used in
other places if we need to do glob matching (compare file names against
globs).

Regards,

Rainer