tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SharingWebappClassLoader proposal
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 14:36:24 GMT
On 03/08/2010 15:19, Lohner Roland wrote:
>  Dear Developers, I recommend the consideration of the acceptance of this
> proposal and I am also very curious of your opinion.

I don't see this providing any features over and above the shared class
loader that is already available. The proposal appears to have even more
constraints in that once a webapp loads a shared class it can never be
unloaded since another webapp my be depending on it.

I am against including such a class loader in any Tomcat distribution in
any form.

Mark