tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r981061 - /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net/AprEndpoint.java
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 08:40:33 GMT
On 03/08/2010 09:17, Remy Maucherat wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-07-31 at 15:05 +0100, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> This appears to fix the crashes on my Mac. Need to test on Windows as
>> well since that is where I first saw the issue.
>>
>> I confess to not understanding why this works, just that it appears to
>> do the job.
>
> Assuming it really does something, I don't understand why either.

I'm pretty sure it doing something. I wasn't seeing the crashes when I
was debugging, only when running normally. I tracked it down to a pause
at this point being the 'fix'.

I tried various lengths of pauses but once I got to the polltime, I
didn't experiment with reducing it further.

It did also fix this issue on Windows. Very strange.

Mark