tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From buninho <bun...@kicktipp.de>
Subject few slow requests
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 13:28:13 GMT

Hello,

we tested our tomcat 5.5 server (Debian system) with the apache benchmark
tool. We send requests for a small png-file (300 bytes). Nearly all requests
were done in 1 or 2 milliseconds. But there were a few request which needed
more than 10 ms and the slowest request needed 106 ms.

the 106 ms were logged from tomcat. We used the %D pattern for the request
time in millis.

It seems not to be a network problem. We can see the same behavior with a
remote and a localhost test. Nevertheless, does anybody know, when tomact
exactly starts and stop the time for logging the request?

Also, we did the test with the YourKit Java Profiler, but can't find a
reason for the slow requests, too. The Garbage Collector was not active
while testing.

So, we want to know, why there are a few request that took so much more time
than the rest of the requests. Has anybody an idea where the time was
consumed?

Thanks for any reply!