tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project tomcat-taglibs-standard (in module tomcat-taglibs) failed
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 16:09:21 GMT
On Jul 9, 2010, at 8:57 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2010-07-09, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>> We specify the version of Cactus to use in the POM and the module does
>> build locally. What's going on inside Gump that would cause it to use
>> a different version? Is it trying to build with an unstable version of
>> Cactus rather the version we specify?
>
> Yes, that's exactly the purpose of Gump.  It ignores any version you
> specify (well, it tries to) and replaces your dependencies with their
> trunk versions.
>
> In the Cactus case we are in a mixed state since Gump successfully
> builds lots of Cactus' dependencies and replaces those - like JDOM which
> seems to be close to the problem - but not Cactus itself since its build
> is currently broken.

Got it. Thanks.

>> The normal "package" goal would build the jar and not run the
>> integration tests.
>
> I see.  I'll switch Gump to use the package goal and add a new
> definition running the install goal so we can track (wihout nagging for
> now) if/how the Cactus problem can be resolved.

Maven's sequence is package, install, ..., integration-test so you might be able to use install
directly (assuming Gump normally runs integration-test).

Is there a way to have Gump run with a profile (e.g. "-P gump") so that we could disable the
tests there but still have them run in a normal build?

Thanks
Jeremy