tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Afkham Azeez <>
Subject Re: Undeploying webapp programatically
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 15:01:52 GMT
I was able to resolve this. It may be helpful for somebody looking for
this information.

After calling host.removeChild(context), you need to call,
((StandardContext)context).destroy(); Only when destroy is called the
context gets completely removed.

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Mark Thomas <> wrote:
> On 07/07/2010 14:26, Afkham Azeez wrote:
>> Hi,
>>  I'm using embedded Tomcat 5.5.23. I undeploy the webapps
>> programmatically using the following code segment:
>> host.removeChild(context);
>> Now, when I send a request to the context which was undeployed, I get
>> an HTTP 503. But I expect to get an HTTP 404 since that resource is
>> not actually available. It seems that the webapp is not completely
>> getting undeployed. What should I do to completely undeploy the webapp
>> so that I get a 404 when a request to the undeployed webapp is made?
> Those are all questions for the users list, not the dev list.
> Mark

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message