tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Óscar Frías Barranco <ofr...@gmail.com>
Subject .o and .a files shipped inside commons-daemon-native.tar.gz in 6.0.29
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 09:51:32 GMT
Hello.

It looks like Tomcat 6.0.29 includes a version of Commons Daemon which
includes (wrongly I think) several .o and .a files.
I tried to compile "jsvc" by doing:
./configure
./make

And it failed with this message:
"ar: libservice.a: Malformed archive"

Then I realized that several object files (.a and .o) were in the
distribution tarball.  Probably they do not match my platform and this is
why the make process failed.

# tar tzf commons-daemon-native.tar.gz | grep "\.a"
commons-daemon-1.0.2-native-src/unix/native/libservice.a
commons-daemon-1.0.2-native-src/windows/libprocrun.amd64
commons-daemon-1.0.2-native-src/windows/apps/prunmgr/prunmgr.amd64
commons-daemon-1.0.2-native-src/windows/apps/prunsrv/prunsrv.amd64
# tar tzf commons-daemon-native.tar.gz | grep "\.o"
commons-daemon-1.0.2-native-src/unix/native/home.o
commons-daemon-1.0.2-native-src/unix/native/debug.o
commons-daemon-1.0.2-native-src/unix/native/signals.o
commons-daemon-1.0.2-native-src/unix/native/arguments.o
commons-daemon-1.0.2-native-src/unix/native/dso-dlfcn.o
commons-daemon-1.0.2-native-src/unix/native/replace.o
commons-daemon-1.0.2-native-src/unix/native/location.o
commons-daemon-1.0.2-native-src/unix/native/dso-dyld.o
commons-daemon-1.0.2-native-src/unix/native/jsvc-unix.o
commons-daemon-1.0.2-native-src/unix/native/locks.o
commons-daemon-1.0.2-native-src/unix/native/help.o
commons-daemon-1.0.2-native-src/unix/native/java.o


Regards,
Óscar Frías

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message