tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jon <javastuffth...@gmail.com>
Subject Where to begin?
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 22:36:55 GMT
Hi all,

I've been looking around the Tomcat site with a view to helping out in
some way. I have read up on Apache's way of doing things and have
downloaded and compiled the code (for Tomcat 7) in Eclipse. I've also
signed up to the lists and sorted out the different kinds of entries
that go to the dev list. This lead me to BugZilla where most things seem
to be answered already.

I've also had a look at the Tomcat Wiki. I'm not sure how this is meant
to be used or if it is used at all?

Is the project looking for help with the actual programming? If so I
would like to help, but would also like to help others get up and
running. As it stands the instructions are quite basic in this area.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any pointers as to where I could join in and
where I could make myself useful.

Regards,
Jon.