tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: Some todo's at AsyncContext detected...
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 17:48:33 GMT
On 02/07/2010 15:15, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> On 07/02/2010 03:08 PM, Marc Guillemot wrote:
>> Rainer Jung wrote:
>>> Exact details are forbidden, but I'm sure there'll be some information
>>> as soon as someone had time to dig into it.
>>
>> this was exactly what I feared. This is an additional argument for an
>> open source test suite.
>
> I think that patch is wrong... According to my tests the thread is
> created but the timeout doesn't happen... I need more time to come with
> another patch.

Some random comments having glanced very briefly at this.

I'm tempted to revert the whole of r958362 but since it might only need
a tweak to work correctly I'll leave it for now. Note that if we get to
the next 7.0.x release and it still breaks the TCK it will have to be
reverted.

Why only the BIO connector? Are NIO and APR/native not affected?

The threads are not daemon threads so Tomcat no longer shuts down
correctly - I'll fix this in a sec.

Mark