tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <billwbar...@verizon.net>
Subject TCN and apr-2
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 02:41:24 GMT
Currently Gump doesn't try to build the native APR component, since Gump
only builds apr-2 (aka trunk) at the moment, and TCN wants apr-1.  I wanted
to know if anybody has tried building TCN against apr-2, and if they have
been successful.  The reasoning is that since JFC has enabled unit testing
for APR in Tomcat trunk, then can I create a tomcat-trunk-test-apr project
in Gump that tests against the latest APR connector(s).

I'm planning to do the grunt work for this, but wanted some feed back from
the TCN developers before spamming the list with a lot of "build failed"
messages.  I'd prefer to use apr-2 (since that is "the Gump way"), but I can
set up an apr-1 project in Gump if necessary.