tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From dB. <dbl...@dblock.org>
Subject How can I fetch the web application (context) at runtime?
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 18:45:15 GMT
I am trying to write a log4j appender that can put the application name in the log filename
(I want a log per web application, without knowing the names of all the web applications upfront).

Is there a way to access the context / container / some variable that can give me the name
of the web application (or something else unique per web application) at runtime from a far-reaching
piece of code? I'd be happy with a solution that works only with a specific version of Tomcat
(6).

Thx
dB.

dB. @ dblock.org<http://www.dblock.org/>