tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From jjjjj jjjjjj <konix.i...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Some general questions about tomcat instead of GlassFish
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:29:19 GMT
Hello

Dear chris
-I edited my name on server

-Thank you for your responding but please say some thing more about maven
who must use maven?
how must use maven?
Is maven same with CVS or SVN?

Regards
Pouya

________________________________
From: Christopher Schultz <chris@christopherschultz.net>
To: Tomcat Developers List <dev@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tue, June 15, 2010 2:53:30 AM
Subject: Re: Some general questions about tomcat instead of GlassFish

Pouya,

On 6/12/2010 12:14 PM, jjjjj jjjjjj wrote:

Please use a semi-legitimate name when posting to the list: this should
be easy to configure in your email reader. Also, there's no need to put
underscores_between_your_words_in_the_subject, as this is not some kind
of wiki.

> Would you please tell me that we can use tomcat instead of GlassFish or no?(Yes/No Why?)

Deciding between Tomcat and Glassfish is really a matter of application
requirements: GlassFish is a full J2EE server, while Tomcat is limited
to a Java servlet container/web server. GlassFish actually uses Tomcat
internally as its servlet container and web server, and adds features to it.

If you only need a servlet container and web server, Tomcat can meet
your needs. If you need additional services provided by a J2EE server
(EJB, JMX, etc.) then you'll want GlassFish.

> Which of JSF or Struts is more compatible with tomcat?

Both are equally compatible.

> Please say to me something about maven,Is this a project management table or no ,What
is this ?

Maven is a build tool. Whether Tomcat has been mavenized shouldn't be
relevant if you are developing web applications for deployment onto Tomcat.

-chris