tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How can I fetch the web application (context) at runtime?
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 20:01:36 GMT
On 18/06/2010 19:45, dB. wrote:
> I am trying to write a log4j appender that can put the application name in the log filename
(I want a log per web application, without knowing the names of all the web applications upfront).

> Is there a way to access the context / container / some variable that can give me the
name of the web application (or something else unique per web application) at runtime from
a far-reaching piece of code? I'd be happy with a solution that works only with a specific
version of Tomcat (6).

That would be a question for the users list.

Mark