tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.0 as beta
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:30:13 GMT
On 14/06/2010 14:27, Martin Dubuc wrote:
> I have been running RC4 for a couple of days and it seems to be fairly
> stable. I would recommend release it as 7.0.0 Beta.
>
> However, there is an issue with the el. It can't deal with literals, which
> will be a problem for all applications using JSF converters. There was a
> similar issue when Tomcat 6.0.2. came out. You can go back in the mailing
> list archive read message in tomcat-dev Nov. 29, 2006 16:39:21 GMT and
> titled "Problem with JSF 1.2 converters in Tomcat 6.0.2":
>
> http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-dev&m=116482838430229&w=2

Thanks for the report. The issue has been fixed.

> I sent a message to Rémy, who handled that issue back then, but haven't got
> news back from him.

I can't speak for Remy but private messages to developers tend to get
ignored. The rule for Tomcat - as it is for all ASF projects - is if it
didn't happen on the mailing list then it never happened. Issues should
not be raised directly with individual committers but with the community
as a whole either directly on the dev list or better still as a Bugzilla
entry.

> I know we discussed el licensing a while back on the list. Hopefully it will
> not be a problem modifying that code.

Huh? I have no idea what you are referring to here. Tomcat's EL
implementation is - and always has been - ALv2 licensed.

Mark