tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Donation: Want to donate a robust HTTP ProxyServlet to tomcat
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 11:28:48 GMT
-0 (or +1) (Well that was clear ... wasn't it?)

The core consideration is the scope of the Tomcat project. If its to
deliver a spec compliant servlet/jsp engine. Then I would say (-0 or -1)

If the scope is to increase to also act as a repository for generic
servlets, then we are in different territory. Yes - the taglib project
is here, but that decision felt more of a side effect of jakarta
disappearing and taglibs needing a new home. jdbc-pool resides here out
of a need to fill a niche dbcp didn't fill. jdbc-pool seems like an
effort which can be spun out into a different project in the future.

 From a tech point of view, I'm not sure how this would be bundled in -
since the servlet introduces a few new library dependencies.

-Tim