tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From S├ębastien Migniot <sebast...@migniot.com>
Subject Donation: Want to donate a robust HTTP ProxyServlet to tomcat
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 08:39:12 GMT
Hi

    I'll try to be quick. I'm a french J2EE Architect and author of Streamy,
    at http://www.migniot.com/matrix/projects/streamy

    I want to *donate the ProxyServlet.java* to tomcat core/extensions,
    available at
    https://streamy.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/streamy/trunk/com.migniot.streamy.Proxy/src/com/migniot/streamy/proxy/ProxyServlet.java

_Explanation :_

    1. I've googled a long time for a /decent /HTTP Proxy component
    written as a /pure/
    Servlet in java and failed to find it - tigris "Noodles" and other
    components didn't
    do the trick -

    2. So I've wrote my own, followed the misc HTTP RFCs, and approximately
    100000 users are using Streamy, so running this servlet everyday =>
    It works

    3. I want to donate it to an Apache Project so that other J2EE
    developers
    benefit of this "HTTP Proxy written as a /Pure /Servlet"

Feel free to correct me/redirect me if this is the wrong mailing list
Best Regards,

  S. Migniot.