tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <>
Subject [taglibs] Thread safety in FormatDateSupport
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2010 22:22:02 GMT
I was looking at a patch for FormatDateSupport [1] to remove its dependency on a copy of LRUMap
taken from Commons and have a question on the thread safety involved as, although the cache
is synchronized, the formatters it contains are used outside that block.

This was discussed in bug 32311 [2] but the synchronization code suggested there wasn't added.
Am I missing something, or should I reopen 32311 and add a patch?