tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r944511 - /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/connector/CoyoteAdapter.java
Date Sat, 15 May 2010 21:06:26 GMT
2010/5/16 Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>:
> On 15/05/2010 00:14, rjung@apache.org wrote:
>>
>> Author: rjung
>> Date: Fri May 14 23:14:51 2010
>> New Revision: 944511

>> Log:
>> Check whether context is null.
>
> -1 on this change. I'll be reverting it shortly.
>
> 1. It isn't necessary. There is a null check in
> ApplicationSessionCookieConfig.getSessionCookieName()
>
> 2. It bypasses the session cookie config
>
> Mark

Reverting this r944511 (done in r944712) fixed the failure in
org.apache.tomcat.util.http.TestCookiesAllowEquals,
reported by Gump.

There is subtle difference in Context.getSessionCookieName() as
implemented in TC7 and as proposed in a patch for TC6:

Context.getSessionCookieName() returns null by default and
ApplicationSessionCookieConfig.getSessionCookieName() is used to wrap
that and process Servlet 3.0 cookies configuration.

In the TC6 patch (2010-05-05-bug48379.patch) Context.getSessionCookieName()
returns Globals.SESSION_COOKIE_NAME by default, so there is a
difference in Context API here.

scookie.getName().equals(scName) with null value for scName caused the
NullPointerException reported by Gump.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko