tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: About to tag Tomcat 7.0.0-RC2
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 20:43:40 GMT
2010/5/17 Rainer Jung <>:
> On 17.05.2010 19:56, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>> 2010/5/17 Mark Thomas<>:
>>> I've just completed testing of trunk.
>>> Unit tests - pass
>> They also pass for me, but Gump fails at TestCoyoteAdaptor:
>> Do not know what is the deal.
>> I done a clean run, but the tests are still succeeding.
>> Is there access to
>> /srv/gump/public/workspace/tomcat-trunk/output/build/logs/
>> to look at the output file from the test run?
> In addition to my previous mail: it seems Gump ran before Mark's changes.
> Gump says it ran at "Mon, 17 May 2010 02:40:24 (PDT)", which seems to be
> around 12 hours ago.
> I just now ran the unit tests also, and they passed except for
> TestContextConfigAnnotation. That's broken by your observation in a previous
> mail, I responded to it separately.

I downloaded the jars produced by /tomcat-trunk/ run,

and then configured a ROOT application with a copy of PathParamServlet
class (from TestCoyoteAdaptor) which I moved to another package, and
run the requests from the testcase manually from a browser.

I was not able to observe the failure as the Gump did.
They gave the expected results.

I notices two issues, unrelated to Gump runs:

1) I had to remove ${catalina.home}/conf/web.xml, because otherwise
gives Error 404

I suppose that is because it tries to open a welcome file,
which I do not have in the ROOT webapp.

I tried to add empty <welcome-file-list> -- see web.xml below,
but it did not help.

Note, that a comment in  ${catalina.home}/conf/web.xml  says that
webapp's welcome files list "replaces" the welcome files list
specified in the default web.xml

<web-app xmlns=""

2) If I touch webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml  Tomcat tries to reload the
ROOT application.
It results in a series of SEVERE messages from

18.05.2010 0:10:25 org.apache.tomcat.util.http.mapper.Mapper removeWelcomeFile
SEVERE: No context found:

It does not occur if I touch web.xml in any other web application,
e.g. in the manager or in the examples.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail: