tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Need advice to notify StandardExecutor when a webapp is stopped
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 21:46:47 GMT
> From: Sylvain Laurent [mailto:sylvain.laurent@gmail.com]
> On Behalf Of Sylvain Laurent
> Subject: Re: Need advice to notify StandardExecutor when a
> webapp is stopped
>
> An improvement I can do is to pre-start some "core" threads in the
> new pool before making it active. It would reduce the performance
> impact on the next few requests.

Or have another Executor sitting around with some threads already active, so all you have
to do is set the reference to the pending Executor, then create another backup Executor outside
of the synchronized block for the next time.  Could also make the behavior configurable, in
case the purists complain about having extra, idle threads taking up heap space.

 - Chuck