tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r943851 - in /tomcat/trunk: conf/ java/org/apache/catalina/ java/org/apache/catalina/core/ java/org/apache/catalina/manager/host/ java/org/apache/catalina/mbeans/ java/org/apache/catalina/startup/ webapps/docs/config/
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 15:05:58 GMT
On 13/05/2010 10:04, wrote:
> Author: markt
> Date: Thu May 13 09:04:39 2010
> New Revision: 943851
> Log:
> Simplify xml validation configuration. It is now configurable per context and can be
set per host using a host-level context.xml file so remove the attributes on the host.
> If running with STRICT_SERVLET_COMPLIANCE, enable validation by default.

Just a heads up for those of you that haven't encountered this yet.

If you enable validation with the current Tomcat 7 code all sorts of
false errors get reported. I'm working on fixing these. In the meantime,
the work-around is disabling validation.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message