tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: clearReferencesThreads, Poller SunPKCS11-Solaris and strange context class loader
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 12:07:23 GMT
On 07.05.2010 11:00, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> 2010/5/7 Rainer Jung<rainer.jung@kippdata.de>:
>> I'm wondering why the PCKS Token
>> Poller thread was captured by the leak prevention. Since we know the code,
>> it was because its context class loader was equal to the WebappClassLoader
>> of /manager. That's what I don't understand. See my original post.
>>

> TCCL is inherited from the parent thread. It means that that thread
> was started either during request processing, or during webapplication
> startup.

But unfortunately that doesn't provide consistent results.

If I sart Tomcat without any webapp (but with ROOT context) the thread
is started too. The heap dump shows the system cl as the tccl, but
during restart or shutdown the leak prevention retrieves the tccl and
finds it s equal to the WebappClassLoader of the manager.

I'm confused.

> BTW, 4th result in
> http://www.google.com/search?q=SunPKCS11+TokenPoller
> gives source code for that class.

I'll see, but I guess the point is more about who starts it when and
why, less about what it does.

Regards,

Rainer