tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "TomcatTrackNA10_PMC_Sessions" by JeanFredericClere
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 09:37:08 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "TomcatTrackNA10_PMC_Sessions" page has been changed by JeanFredericClere.
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/TomcatTrackNA10_PMC_Sessions?action=diff&rev1=13&rev2=14

  ABSTRACT

- PRESENTER BIO.
+ PRESENTER BIO. (Don't forget your email so that you can be contacted later).

  ==== mod_jk / mod_proxy and others: Front-ends of Tomcat Clusters. ====
  By Jean-Frederic Clere:
@@ -62, +62 @@

   . Jason is a co-author of Tomcat: The Definitive Guide, now in its second edition, and
has been using Tomcat and contributing to the Apache Tomcat project for over ten years. As
a Debian Java committer, Jason works on the Debian and Ubuntu Tomcat 6 package. Jason is a
Software Architect at MuleSoft, working on the Tcat Server product.

-
  ==== Introduction to Apache Tomcat 7 ====
  By Tim Funk:
+
-  . Apache Tomcat 7 is the latest version of Tomcat products. In this talk, we will overview
the new features in Tomcat 7. We will highlight Servlet 3.0 features and how they apply to
Tomcat, deprecations which are now gone versus Tomcat 6, and mention features still in common
with Tomcat 6.
+  . Apache Tomcat 7 is the latest version of Tomcat products. In this talk, we will overview
the new features in Tomcat 7. We will highlight Servlet 3.0 features and how they apply to
Tomcat, deprecations which are now gone versus Tomcat 6, and mention features still in common
with Tomcat 6.

   . Tim Funk has been a Tomcat user for over 7 years and committer since 2003. Tim currently
resides in Pennsylvania and works for Armstrong World Industries performing a range of roles,
enjoying the role of developer the most. Tim has a Masters of Software Engineering from Penn
State.

-
  ==== Tomcat 7 - Implementing a Servlet Container ====
  By Damodar Chetty:
-  . The servlet specification forms the requirements document that a servlet container, such
as Tomcat, actually implements. To truly appreciate what a servlet container does, it is therefore
critically important to first start with the servlet specification.

-  . In this session we'll take a long hard look both at the specification as well as at how
Tomcat stays true to it.
+  . The servlet specification forms the requirements document that a servlet container, such
as Tomcat, actually implements. To truly appreciate what a servlet container does, it is therefore
critically important to first start with the servlet specification.

-  . We will consider the conceptual underpinnings and implementations of aspects such as
deployment descriptors, the servlet life cycle, session management, listeners, and filters.

+  . In this session we'll take a long hard look both at the specification as well as at how
Tomcat stays true to it.

+  . We will consider the conceptual underpinnings and implementations of aspects such as
deployment descriptors, the servlet life cycle, session management, listeners, and filters.
+
-  . Damodar Chetty is the author of the recently published, Tomcat 6 Developer's Guide, and
is a veteran software engineer with over two decades in the field. He has graduate degrees
from the University of Minnesota (Computer Engineering) and the University of Goa (MBA), and
an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering form the University of Bombay.
+  . Damodar Chetty is the author of the recently published, Tomcat 6 Developer's Guide, and
is a veteran software engineer with over two decades in the field. He has graduate degrees
from the University of Minnesota (Computer Engineering) and the University of Goa (MBA), and
an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering form the University of Bombay.

  ==== Tomcat Vital Component Deep Dive ====
  By Damodar Chetty:

-  . In this session we'll take an up close and personal look at the most vital components
that comprise Tomcat– the connector subsystem, virtual host, the context, the wrapper, and
the session manager.
+  . In this session we'll take an up close and personal look at the most vital components
that comprise Tomcat– the connector subsystem, virtual host, the context, the wrapper, and
the session manager.

   . We will explore the implementation of the JIO and NIO connectors, look at alternative
virtual hosting techniques and its context deployment responsibilities, delve into protocol
handlers and the class loading mechanics associated with web application contexts, get familiar
with request dispatching and the filter decoration aspects of wrappers, and immerse ourselves
in the intricacies of state management with sessions.