tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Manish Kumar" <man...@oakdeneindia.com>
Subject Tomcat Admin tool + Realm + DIGEST utilities
Date Fri, 28 May 2010 09:32:42 GMT
Hi friends,

I am using tomcat v5.5.28 and facing a coule milestone issue as follows -

The first problem I'm facing in configuring Tomcat Admin. I have deployed
Admin application and able to see the login page but this doesn't allowing
to get   inside (says - incorrect user). I have added a line in
tomcat-users.xml - <user username="adsadmin" password="manish"

roles="admin,manager"/>

My second worry is to get Active Directory services web interface (possibly
tomcat based web application). Just a initial thought to use Tomcat Admin
for the same but I'm sure this is possible. Please confirm or let us know if
any another application/open source is available for this.

The last one - I'm facing problem with DIGEST authentication, I am not able
to generate DIGEST password using a batch utility i.e -

SET PATH=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_18\bin;%PATH%;

SET CLASSPATH=$CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/catalina.jar;

java org.apache.catalina.realm.RealmBase -a MD5 Oak2010

pause

-        It says org.apache.catalina.realm.RealmBase class not found.

Please help me out if anybody having any idea on the same.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Manish