tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mahesh Fernando <bmtferna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Interested in GSOC ideas
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 04:30:43 GMT
On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 11:52 PM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:

> On 28/03/2010 17:16, Mahesh Fernando wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm interested about JSR 196 implementation idea. I have some questions.
> > is there anyone to mentor this project?
> [1]
> > do we need to contact mentors before application period starts?
> [2]
> > is it needed to submit detailed designs for projects?
> [2]
> > how will the applications evaluated?
> [3]
> > do all the ideas have same priority during selection or are there some
> ideas
> > with high priorities?
> [3]
> > how many students do you take for tomcat ideas?
> [2],[3]

Thanks for providing links.

I saw some other students interested on this idea and also JMX idea. Because
you are the mentor for these projects, will you choose only 1 project among
all these ideas or possible to mentor 2 or more projects? or is there
someone to co-mentor these? I saw Apache encourage to have 1 student per
mentor in above links.
I like the 'SPDY connector' idea too.......but because it's still draft
version, will it become a problem to qualify?
I mean will it get approved when i make a proposal?