tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Moving VirtualWebappLoader into WebappLoader for trunk?
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:32:16 GMT
There is a previously undocumented VirtualWebappLoader, which extends
WebappLoader and allows to add search paths (repositories) to the webapp
class loader.

I added a bit of docs yesterday and the option to configure, whether the
additional repositories will be searched first or last (this is
independent of the existing delegation concept).

The class is very small and since it wasn't documented before, I expect
only few users to actually use it. Since the feature seems to be nice
e.g. for loading or overwriting configs from outside of the war I'm
wondering whether we should actually put it into WebappLoader.

If so, we should:

- deprecate VirtualWebappLoader in TC 6

- remove it in TC 7

- decide, whether we stick to the notation "virtualClasspath" used at
the moment, or "externalRepositories" or similar, which would be more
consistent with the class internals. I have a tendency for
"externalRepositories".

Regards,

Rainer