tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Kurth <xil...@googlemail.com>
Subject GSoC Tomcat SPDY Connectors
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 01:36:29 GMT
Hi

I am still working on my Proposal for GSoC.
I had a closer look at the sources of org/apache/coyote and also
modules/tomcat-lite/java/org/apache/tomcat/lite/http.

Now I have more than one Idea how to achieve the implementation of a
SPDY connector.

At the moment I guess it is most feasible to implement SPDY connector by
sticking close to the model used in Http11NioProtocol or Http11Protocol
or Http11AprProtocol and theire related classes. For the SPDY tcp
session multiplexing i would stick to the SpdyConnector at tomcat_lite
but i don?t think i can reuse it just like it is due to the different
auxiliary classes used in tomcat_lite and tomcat implementation.

 From the Hint in the mail  104983 at the mailinglist I got the Idea
that, to be able to fully Implement the SSL feature for the SPDY, it is
necessary to use the APREndpoint from the org/apache/tomcat/util/net
libary. Did i get that right Costin?

It might also be feasible to extend and overwrite the HttpProcessor and
InternalBuffer and some more to introduce the SPDY multiplexing as the
layer below HTTP. At least not so much duplicated code would be produced.

I am wondering about how exactly the server_push/hint will be enabled. I
would probably use one of the ActionHook actions but which?

one last thing: is there A website where i can easily browse this
mailinglist?

greeting Felix

<file:///D:/Eigene%20Dateien/Programmieren/Open%20Source/coyote/>