tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <>
Subject Re: Problem in NIOEndpoint
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 15:09:09 GMT
The NioX509KeyManager was added in so that you could force an alias to
be used. Meaning, you have a keystore, and you want to use the attribute

in your connector, in 6.0.18, the NIO connector ignores it, and the JVM
picks any key in your keystore, and this is not always what you want.

You can open a bug in bugzilla, attach your configurations there and I
can see why its not working for you.

On 03/31/2010 05:47 PM, Christopher Lee wrote:
> Tomcat version 6.0.26:
> There was a method introduced: NIOEndpoint#wrap (post 6.0.18) called from
> NIOEndpoint#init which wraps KeyManagers with NioX509KeyManager.
> I am not sure why (I could not get the JSSE source to fully debug) but when
> I run embedded Tomcat with SSL enabled and my own keystores
> I get the following exception: "
> SSLHandshakeException: no cipher suites in common".  Removing this wrapping
> will result in
> a working instance.  This method is not present in 6.0.18.  Please let me
> know if there is something I can do as a work around or if
> this actually causes a real bug.
> I wasn't sure where to post this.  Please advise if you think I should post
> this elsewhere.
> Thanks,
> Chris.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: