tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Chunked encoding should be used also when not using keepalive
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 10:54:34 GMT
Agree with Remy. If 'connection: close' is sent by the client, then
tomcat needs to close the connection on the end of the response. So
sending the results via chunked encoding is extra overhead which is not
needed.

A good argument to add is chunked encoding would that it gives the
client the best guess on whether the entire response was returned (by
receiving the last full chunk). But that argument is weak.

-Tim