tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Interested in GSOC ideas
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 07:44:14 GMT
On 01/04/2010 05:30, Mahesh Fernando wrote:
> I saw some other students interested on this idea and also JMX idea. Because
> you are the mentor for these projects, will you choose only 1 project among
> all these ideas or possible to mentor 2 or more projects? or is there
> someone to co-mentor these? I saw Apache encourage to have 1 student per
> mentor in above links.

The proposals will be ranked and the top proposals will be accepted. If
it looks like I might end up mentoring multiple projects I'll deal with
that when the issue arises.

Given students are meant to have been discussing their ideas on this
list for the past two weeks, I haven't yet seen the degree of engagament
with the Tomcat community I think is required to be successful at GSoC.
One of the criteria I will be applying to determine community engagement
is "Has the prospective student, submitted an appropriate patch for a
non-trivial bugzilla issue, preferrably releated to the same area of
code as their GSoC project."

> I like the 'SPDY connector' idea too.......but because it's still draft
> version, will it become a problem to qualify?

> I mean will it get approved when i make a proposal?

The project, as an idea, is already approved. Whether or not it gets
accepted is entirely down to the quality of any proposals submitted.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message