tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Chunked encoding should be used also when not using keepalive
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 10:39:54 GMT
On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 11:28 +0100, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 01/04/2010 11:02, Óscar Frías Barranco wrote:
> > What do you think ?
>
> Seems reasonable but I'd like to hear from some of the other committers
> before making any changes.
>
> If the change is made, it needs to be made for all connectors, not just
> the BIO connector.

It is not needed in the spec and is more expensive, as closing the
connection is one of the valid content delimitation methods.

His reverse proxy argument is probably the worst one: "connection:
close" does not land in the response by accident, it is added for good
reason. This is just begging for hacks at this point.

Rémy