tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "FAQ/Connectors" by KonstantinKolinko
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2010 01:33:30 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "FAQ/Connectors" page has been changed by KonstantinKolinko.
The comment on this change is: Updated.
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Connectors?action=diff&rev1=9&rev2=10

  <<Anchor(Q1)>>'''What is JK (or AJP)?'''

- AJP is a wire protocol. It an optimized version of the HTTP protocol to allow a standalone
web server such as Apache talk to Tomcat. Historically, Apache has always been much faster
than Tomcat at serving static content. The idea is to let Apache serve the static content
when possible, then proxy the request back to Tomcat for Tomcat related content.
+ AJP is a wire protocol. It an optimized version of the HTTP protocol to allow a standalone
web server such as [[http://httpd.apache.org/|Apache]] to talk to Tomcat. Historically, Apache
has been much faster than Tomcat at serving static content. The idea is to let Apache serve
the static content when possible, but proxy the request to Tomcat for Tomcat related content.

  <<Anchor(Q2)>>'''Which connector: mod_jserv, JK, JK2, mod_webapp or mod_proxy?'''

@@ -53, +53 @@

  <<Anchor(Q6)>>'''How do I bind to a specific ip address?'''

- Each Connector element allows an address property. For example:
-
- {{{<Connector className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector"
-            address="192.168.1.1"
-            port="8080" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
-            enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
-            acceptCount="100" debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000"
-            useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true" />}}}
-
- For a more complete description of the Connector config, see the [[http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html|HTTP
Connector docs]] or the see the [[http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/ajp.html|AJP
Connector docs]].
+ Each Connector element allows an `address` property. See the [[http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html|HTTP
Connector docs]] or the see the [[http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/ajp.html|AJP
Connector docs]].

  <<Anchor(Q7)>>'''Where can I download a binary distribution of my connector?'''

- You can't: you need to download the source and compile it for your platform. The source
distributions are available from the [[http://tomcat.apache.org/download-connectors.cgi|standard
location]]. Note that JPackage.org has RPM distributions for the connectors as well as tomcat
itself: [[http://www.jpackage.org/|JPackage.org]]
+ You cannot: you need to download the source and compile it for your platform. The source
distributions are available from the [[http://tomcat.apache.org/download-connectors.cgi|standard
location]]. Note that JPackage.org has RPM distributions for the connectors as well as tomcat
itself: [[http://www.jpackage.org/|JPackage.org]]

  <<Anchor(Q8)>>'''I'm having strange UTF-8 issues with my request parameters.'''