tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Gurkan Erdogdu <cgurkanerdo...@gmail.com>
Subject Minor Error in Documentation
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 08:57:25 GMT
Hello folks;

I think that there is a minor error in Tomcat 6 documentation (
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/monitoring.html). It says that to
setup JMX remote access you have to add

 set CATALINA_OPTS="-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote \
    -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=%my.jmx.port% \
    -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false \
    -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false"

into tomcat startup script. Client does not connect to JMX after adding
above setting because quotations marks are put around CATALINA_OPTS=*"* bla
..bla *".  *If you remove "" everything works as expected.

Thanks;

--Gurkan