tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <henri.go...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jk/cluster - intelligent systems load
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 16:06:13 GMT
> Not a mod_proxy guru, but filtering X-header from responses should be near
> trivial based on past experience with the proxy code.

> Nice discussion btw.  This is a topic I've long been interested in.

You're not alone ;)

Two options (not incompatible) to provide servlet engine information
to back end (cluster system).

- a filter add this information in a X-header, each Y requests, or Z seconds.

- a servlet called explicitly by the back-end.

There is the GPL licence 'problem' of the Hyperic lib which should be
'solved' isn't ?