tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r909860 - /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/STATUS.txt
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2010 19:14:17 GMT
On 13/02/2010 17:55, kkolinko@apache.org wrote:
>    http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=899918 (Enum coercion test cases)
>    http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=899919 (Enum coercion bug)
> +   +1: markt
> +   -1: kkolinko:
> +     As far as I am reading, there is no provision in the EL
> +     spec, that enum -> enum conversion can be performed by using its
> +     string value.

Point taken although I'd be a lot happier if there was an otherwise
error at the end of that section. There is currently a big blackhole
there in the spec.

> +     The current TC 6.0 behaviour here will be a ClassCastException, trying
> +     to assign the value, and that should be an ELException instead.

There are still issue with the current behaviour. I'll fix the test so
converting via toString() is not expected and then fix the code accordingly.

I'll leave this proposal here for now until I see how much needs to change.

Mark