tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r909018 - /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/STATUS.txt
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:19:31 GMT
2010/2/11  <markt@apache.org>:
> Author: markt
> Date: Thu Feb 11 15:16:55 2010
> New Revision: 909018

> Log:
> Proposal
>
> Modified:
>    tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/STATUS.txt
>

> +
> +* More memory leak prevention - clear the resource bundle cache
> +  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=909017&view=rev
> +  +1: markt
> +  -1:

In overall looks good, though

1. Javadoc for ResourceBundle.clearCache(ClassLoader) says that it is @since 1.6

As TC 6 can run on Java 5, reflective access is needed here.

2. Re: JspServletWrapper.java

I'd be better to clear the cache a few lines later:
after the servlet is destroyed,  as it can load resources while destroying.
(in a finally{} block?, after instanceManager.destroyInstance(theServlet) call)

Also, I had some doubts, as this place is not exactly where the
JspLoader was created.
Some search shows that JspCompilationContext.compile() sets
JspCompilationContext.jspLoader to null. Maybe that will result in a
leak when recompiling updated JSP.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko