tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDT Compiler download (was: r908009)
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 13:58:53 GMT
2010/2/9 Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>:
> On 09/02/2010 13:05, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>> Looking at http://archive.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.4.2-200902111700/
>> there exist a download "JDT Core Batch Compiler"
>>
>> The ecj-3.4.2.jar downloaded from there is just 1.6 MB vs. the 40 MB
>> one that we are downloading now.
>>
>> I have checked that it contains all of the classes that are referenced
>> as imports in our JDTCompiler class, so looks like we can use it
>> instead. Though I have not tried yet.
>
> Lets try it then.

+1.

I won't be near the sources for the next 4-5 hours. If it won't be
done at that time, I'll do it.

>> By the way, the latest compiler would be (looking at the version of
>> IDE that I am using)
>>  org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.5.1.v_972_R35x.jar
>>
>> Current download URL for the 3.5.1 JDT Core Batch Compiler for main
>> mirror will be (though it will change to archive* eventually):
>>
>> http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.5.1-200909170800/ecj-3.5.1.jar
>
> Past experience has been linking to anything other than the archive site
> leads to broken builds as the downloads ont he main site don't seem to
> use stable URLs.

It is sure that you won't be able to rebuilt old releases once those
go into the archive (supposedly once in a year, when a major release
comes).

I think we can leave old URLs as a comment in the properties file,
or maybe even to add something to BUILDING.txt

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko