tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat-Lite update
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 16:50:12 GMT
On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 12:13 AM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:

> On 06/01/2010 00:27, Costin Manolache wrote:
> > Also, I would like to know if other comitters are OK with (temporarily -
> > i.e. until the 7.0 release vote) including lite in the tomcat7 builds,
> > so people can try it out.
>
> How about adding it to the extras build? It could be included in the
> release then as well.

Sounds good, thanks for the suggestions.  On the building part - tomcat-lite
supports both
maven and ant, and the ant build is using ivy to download the deps - I will
 keep it
this way instead of using the tomcat's download tasks, seems easier. So I
will just call
 lite's build.xml from tomcat extras. Downloading ivy and ivy downloading
deps is automated.

Any comments on including the experimental SPDY support (
http://www.chromium.org/spdy/spdy-protocol ) ?
I know we had countless debates on JK2 and http proxies, but some extra code
to try out doesn't hurt :-)

Costin