tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r899395 - /tomcat/trunk/dist.xml
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:06:20 GMT
On 01/15/2010 03:41 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 14.01.2010 21:21, markt@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: markt
>> Date: Thu Jan 14 20:21:23 2010
>> New Revision: 899395

>> Log:
>> zip is for non-windows platforms
>
> Hmmm, really?
>
> Until recently we didn't have the individual binary release zips for
> Windows, they are new. Previously the zip was for DOS/Windows.
>
> If we encode the package-zip now for Unix, don't we create confusion
> w.r.t. package-src-zip (DOS) and package-deployer-zip (undefined until
> now)?
>
> I'd prefer keep the package-zip with CRLF (and ensure CRLF in
> package-deployer-zip too).

+1

Although some platforms have broken(limited) default tar.
Dunno if we are using very long paths that would break tar
on Solaris (eg. +100 character path names)

Also the tar produced by ant doesn't look at all
like the one produced by gtar.
Think the problem is that we should add all files
at once during the build since it looks the tar has
multiple header sections or something.

Regards
--
^TM