tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: T&R Tomcat Native 1.1.19
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 15:05:22 GMT
On 04.01.2010 15:53, Mladen Turk wrote:
> On 01/04/2010 02:10 PM, Henri Gomez wrote:
>> It's not the case in the OS/X version
>>

> Nope. the windows .rc file wasn't updated
> before 1.1.18 tag, so when you compile a .dll
> and check it's resource version, it reports 1.1.16
>
> This can be a problem with some third party install
> tools that depend on version number in .dll for
> updating the file (might be even our nsis does the
> same thing, so the .dll won't get overwritten if
> installed over the exiting version).

That's what Mladen means:

The version numbers are usually updated after a release is done, the
TCN_IS_DEV_VERSION toggle is flipped before the release to "0" and after
the release back to "1".

Mladen fixed the rc file in the tag after tagging, so you won't find the
bug in the tag any more.

Regards,

Rainer