tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <>
Subject Re: Removal of libtcnative-1.dll files from /dist
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 10:05:51 GMT
On 04.01.2010 09:20, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> On 01/04/2010 01:25 AM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>> Hi, all!
>> I removed the libtcnative-1.dll files of Tomcat Native 1.1.18 from
>> Those were the wrong ones, dynamically linked with apr and ssl,
>> as already discussed in the "[VOTE] Release build 6.0.21" thread.
>> I hope that nobody minds my action.
> My bad... I should have done that.
>> The deleted files will eventually disappear from the site and
>> mirrors, but will be preserved on
>> Should we go further and request deleting them from the
>> as well?
> +1

I removed them from the archive at p.a.o, but I think archive needs a
bit longer to sync (like a day or so). In case we need them back, I kept
a copy in my home dir.

In the Mac tarball, there are the following files:

   186280 Dec 21 11:30 libtcnative-
  1095200 Dec 21 11:30 libtcnative-1.a

So it seems, it contains a static library and a dynamic which is to
small to contain a statically linked apr and OpenSSL. What we would need
is a dynamic library with statically linked in apr and OpenSSL, right?

Should we remove the Mac-Tarball?

Henri: could you build such a tcnative dylib containing a statically
linked apr and OpenSSL?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message