tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: With a view to 6.0.23
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 18:24:47 GMT
2010/1/12 Mark Thomas <>:
> Just doing some testing. Generally looking good. The log buffering does
> seem to be causing issues with lost messages on windows service
> shutdown. I'm looking at Kostantin's patch to disable buffering now.
> That should fix the symptom (good enough for 6.0.23). If it does, I'll
> try and figure out the root cause.
> More eyes appreciated.
> Mark

Thank you for vote. I would very like to see the JULI FileHandler
buffering patch in 6.0.23.
A third vote is required.

Mark, do you have an alternate patch for BZ 47774 (about
session.isValid() and listeners executed with a wrong class loader)?
You once mentioned that you tested it, but none was proposed.

Thus far my testing of 6.0.21/22 resulted in that JULI patch and in
the following bug reports:

The first one (48438) is one more AccessControlException when running
with security. It is not serious by its impact, and some fix should be
easy to find.   I think it is not a show-stopper.

The second one (48498) is Jasper crashing when trying to report a
compilation error.
I've provided reproducers there. I am not so familiar with Jasper code
to find a fix quickly, but I would like this to be fixed. It is hard
to develop when Jasper fails to report where (even in what file) your
error is. I have not tested whether it worked in 6.0.20.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: